Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A glimpse into a post #apocalyptic world - Centralia, Pennsylvania. #Ghosttown

My little family and I took a tour of upstate NY (where I'm from) and Pennsylvania in 2013, so naturally, we stopped in Centralia. It wasn't on the map, so we had to ask a local how to get there. She told us that she heard smoke still smoldered up from the road from mine fires that have been burning for decades.

We followed her directions and found it just off highway 61. Alas, we didn't see any smoldering roads, mostly just heavily overgrown sideways and roads. Probably good we didn't come across the toxic gases since we had a one year old in tow.

Wiki on Centralia, PA














Currently, I live in Houston, Texas. If you have any suggestions for ghost towns in Texas I should visit, please post in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment